September’s Tally of Truths
- There are an average of 35000 related lawnmower related injuries every year along with 90 lawnmower related deaths.
- It’s illegal to drive a black car on a Sunday in Denver.
- Orcas kill sharks by suffocation. They stun them by ramming into them and so they enter a disoriented state where they can’t move. This allows orcas to suffocate them at the surface.
- The Romans used Portuguese urine as mouthwash, the ammonia in urine was thought to disinfect and whiten teeth. (Urine continued to be a popular ingredient in mouthwash until the 18th century).
- Coins are the most common object accidentally ingested by children
By: Ava Preciado